Welcome to the Website of
Middle East Society of Asphalt Technologist (MESAT)
There is a growing demand for road construction in the Middle East (ME) and a growing number of specialists in the field. ME countries Western union point are rich in crude oil, the basic material for producing bitumen, which is used to surface more than 90% of roads around the world. Bitumen specifications, testing methods, and modification are advancing at a rapid rate that requires the focused and effective development and dissemination of knowledge about bitumen and asphalt roads.
MESAT is an association of academics, practitioners and managers of asphalt roads serving as a technical forum to share knowledge and develop effective methods for the delivery and maintenance of asphalt roads in the Middle East. MESAT enjoys close ties with asphalt researchers in North America and Europe and is, thus, part of a global network of scientific societies working to create an environmentally friendly and sustainable asphalt road infrastructure.
Objectives of MESAT
- Foster sharing of scientific and engineering knowledge about asphalt materials and roads.
- Offer timely and easily accessible technical information about asphalts via the internet and proceedings of periodic technical conferences.
- Coordinate a biannual symposium to present peer-reviewed technical papers, training workshops and exhibitions of asphalt testing and construction equipment manufacturers.
- Advocate the best practices in the research, publication and building of asphalt roads.
- Bridge the gap between research and practice.
- Communicate and share experiences with other asphalt technology associations around the world.
MESAT Products and Activities
- Web site: www.mesat.org
- Electronic newsletter: biannual
- Technical Conference: Once every 2 years
- Workshops: Annual training programs
MESAT will initially include three committees: Founding Committee, Country Representative Committee, and Publications and Web Site Committee.